Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Beauty in My Lap

Something exciting happened in my life last week.

As those of you who are acquainted with me (which, I believe, is all of you) will know, this is not an uncommon occurrence.  I tend to get excited about lots of things:  guacamole, snow, and standardized tests, just to name a few.  Indeed, the "something" that I'm going to tell you about is one of many things that made me giddy with anticipation recently. So, even though I attended an amazing surprise party, a Bible quiz, and got to hold my friend's baby for the first time (by the way, I think that's the first time I've ever said that.) in the past seven days, I'm not going to elaborate on any of those events.

No, the subject of this post (and possibly the sole reason I haven't been posting) is this beautiful instrument:

Terrible quality, I know.   Also, it's a selfie.   I'm sorry about that, but I thought it was better than nothing.
It's on loan from friends for as long as I need it, and Allison and I have been enjoying playing with it.  Note the added preposition.  It was purposefully placed in that very spot, because I do not mean that we have been playing it.  It has, however, proven to be a very fun toy.  :)
As you might have guessed from the previous paragraph, I have much to learn.  However, Molly has been very graciously trying to help me figure things out.

Molly's Music Academy, lesson #1:  This is the wrong way to hold a guitar.  Thanks, Molly!  :)
So, that's what's new with me.  :)  What were you excited about in the last week?

2 comments:

  1. What fun! While I cannot even fathom your excitement regarding snow at this point, I can certainly understand your excitement with having a guitar to explore :>) I do hope you can learn to play, that would be so fun! I always wished I had learned back when I was young and all the connections in my brain weren't welded firmly in place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I just saw this! How's the guitar practice going?

    ReplyDelete